Sunday, February 13, 2005

They are called accidents for a reason Jade

Yes, I know this.. But I am still really pissed at myself wvn this morning.. I have been in a lot of accidents. My last being about 10 or so years ago.. Yes I have never had an accident when I was behind the wheel.. Well of course until last night..

Yes last night I had my first car accident ever in my life and I have been driving since I was 13 years old... So here is what happened... We has snow all day on and off.. Started the night before.. the plows had been out but the roads were still covered in snow and yep ice under the snow.. Now I had been out in it all day. I even had to plow my way to work in the moring we had gotten so much.. Well then Finally I can get home and rest. yeah right.. I was following the snowplow up the road.. Finally he pulled over and it wasn't but 1/4 if that of a mile from my driveway. So I was going about 10 maybe 15 miles an hour.. I went out around him and when I pulled back over into my own lane I hit the ice.. thats all it took.. I went into a complete 36o and then BANG, of all things I hit the telephone pole, (Open feild that whole side excpet the pole) I hit it hard... it swung me around again so I was still on the opposite side of the road facing the direction I was going to begin with... 2 complete 360's in a matter of secounds... A Van was behind me with Kids in the car. The woman saw it and stopped to see if I was ok.. YES I was OK.. Just shook up real bad..I called for help and reported the accident.. did no damage to the Pole but I did bruise my neck area where the seatbelt lays... that is kinda tender this morning.. more so then last night. But I am OK.. The test for me comes today. I 'm not really scared but I will be getting behind the wheel again.. Gotts take my hubby to airport.. so I can at least have his truck while he is gone... OH yeah I forgot to mention.. when I spun out of control, my truck was in 4wheel drive.. so it is true folks.. only all 4 wheels spin instead of just 2... But I still feel safer in a 4 x4 any day in bad weather... But you can bet I don't think I will be passing anymore snowplows for a while... But then again when they are stopped like that I really won't have a choice...
Like I said, I know it wasn't my fault and I am very thankful no one else was involved and no one else could have gotten hurt in that.. But I am pissed at me cause I always have control of my car and last night I had no control at all... that is a screy thing to have happen... I know I could not have done nothing but what I did.. But it don;t help me being pissed at myself.. The truck might beable to get fixed I don't know.. to me it looks totaled and looks like I will be parting out a 1994 Geo Tracker soft top.. or selling the whole thing as is for parts.. Anyone interested?????
OK now back to what I was saying.. it is not my fault and it was an accident I know that... But damn.. this has never happened to me before and I don't like it... But I hope my neck is better soon.. I know it happened on my bad shoulder .. yep the one I have to have the 2nd surgery on...so truth that is in a whole lot more pain then I would like to.. but I have a dr appointment on Wed for that anyways... OK... thats it.. I have to get dressed and head to airport to drop off hubby... let ya all know how I am doing in a few days when I have stopped beating myself up over this... hope everyone had a good weekend...